Bay Area AFN
The Bay Area Asset Funders Network is a regional network of private and corporate foundations, public-sector funders and financial institutions supporting opportunities for low-wealth individuals and families in the San Francisco Bay Area to access financial education and services, save, invest and preserve financial assets. Launched in early 2010 as the first affiliate of the national Asset Funders Network, Bay Area AFN is supporting the community of funders invested in asset-building activities in the region; strengthening the field by fostering connections between grantmakers and their peers in the nonprofit, public and private sector; and working to increase investment in the field, over the long term.
To learn more about Bay Area Asset Funders Network, please click here to view or download our Information Sheet.
Click here to view current AFN events, including Bay Area convenings.
1) Funder engagement—Bay Area AFN is expanding and connecting the community of funders supporting asset-building programs, services and opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents of communities across the region by:
- Raising the visibility of asset-building work within the broader community of private and corporate foundations, public sector funders and financial institutions;
- Creating opportunities for funders to learn about issues and emerging opportunities facing the asset-building field; and
- Providing a forum for funders to discuss strategies, promising practices and public policy.
2) Field building—Bay Area AFN is working to build the regional asset-building field by:
- Hosting opportunities for strategic visioning, shared learning and networking between funders, practitioners and other stakeholders;
- Serving as a resource for stakeholders interested in asset-building work in the Bay Area.
Membership in Bay Area AFN is open to funders who are supporting or are actively interested in supporting asset-building programs, services and initiatives including private and corporate foundations, public agencies and financial institutions. The membership meets quarterly.
Y&H Soda Foundation
Friedman Family Foundation
Elena Chávez Quezada
Walter and Elise Haas Fund
The California Wellness Foundation
The James Irvine Foundation
Silicon Valley Community Foundation
San Francisco Foundation
Bank of America Foundation
SPONSORING AND CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS
Bay Area AFN is grateful for financial support from the following foundations:
- Sponsoring Members – JPMorgan Chase & Co., Levi Strauss Foundation, The San Francisco Foundation, Walter and Elise Haas Fund, Y&H Soda Foundation
- Contributing Members – Friedman Family Foundation, The Califoria Wellness Foundation
- Members – First 5 Alameda County, Sand Hill Foundation, United Way of the Bay Area, Zellerbach Family Foundation
To join a Bay Area AFN convening or for more information, please contact Mona Masri, AFN Western Region Program Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org