Wage Equity: Supporting Quality Jobs and Services for Thriving Communities
The Puget Sound Asset Funders Network, in partnership with the Seattle Human Services Coalition, the BIPOC ED Coalition of Washington, and the Nonprofit Association of Washington, invites you to join us for a two-part discussion addressing pay and other inequities to support equitable wealth building and healthy communities.
Session 1: May 18, 9am – 12pm
Join us virtually on May 18th for the Advocacy Summit on Nonprofit Compensation, presented by the Nonprofit Association of Washington on day two of the Washington State Nonprofit Conference. The conversation will include:
- recently released research from the University of Washington regarding pay inequities in human services work,
- the consequences of pay inequities for nonprofit staff and the availability and quality of services that support community well-being, and
- ideas and opportunities to support systems change.
After a panel discussion, AFN will moderate a small group discussion with grantmakers about specific opportunities to engage in changing systems and supporting equity and quality jobs.
Session 2: June 29, 10:30am – 12pm
Join us for a virtual convening on June 29. Building from our conversation in May, we will discuss shorter-term and longer-term actions funders can take to advance high-quality jobs and human services. We’ll explore:
- new narratives and a collective vision to sustain services for thriving communities,
- what it takes to fund the true cost of services,
- private and public funder practices that advance the dignity of workers and the availability of community services, and
- opportunities to engage in systems change addressing a root cause of wealth inequity.
View our Fact Sheet on Wage Equity and Wealth: Advancing Economic Justice and Thriving Communities
Register for the May 18th and/or the June 29th meetings below. We look forward to seeing you.
REGISTER for MAY 18 REGISTER for JUNE 29
Please email email@example.com with any questions.