Our July 2017 newsletter includes:
- Winners of the $3 Million FinLab Competition and One Crisis Away being honored with the Edward R. Murrow Award,
- TechEquity Collaborative’s CEO Catherine Bracy calling on the tech community to fix the wealth inequality problem in the Bay Area on CNBC,
- information on how you can help close the women’s wealth gap,
- the latest research and grants from the likes of the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation, Brandeis University’s Institute on Assets & Social Policy and Better Together on children’s savings accounts and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau on student loan forgiveness,
- articles on mass incarceration and mass deportation from The Philanthropy News Digest and California’s expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit from Project Syndicate, as well as industry-related news from The New York Times, The Washington Post, Business Insider, and Wired,
- and as always a letter from Joe Antolin, AFN Executive Director.