Join the Louisiana Asset Funders Network for a convening of philanthropy, nonprofit practitioners, and community leaders as we explore innovations in financial health. We will discuss strategies that improve the financial well-being of low income Louisianans, including Fintech (financial technology products) and other innovative models.
Hear from Joshua Sledge from the Financial Health Network as he elevates the impact financial health has on families and children, shares the role philanthropy can play, and inspires us to work collaboratively for equity.
Together, we have the opportunity to nurture the development of consumer-centric, inclusive, and impactful new models and tools that foster increased financial stability, savings, and credit building.
A panel of thought leaders will discuss how financial health encompasses:
- Better ability to absorb economic shocks
- Increased future orientation and asset-building goals
- Improved employment and housing options
- Increased opportunities to get an affordable loan
Add your voice to the conversation as we explore the case for investments in financial health, budding examples showing promise in our state, and stakeholder roles to increase impact to improve the financial resiliency of Louisianans.
- Joshua Sledge, Financial Health Network
- Jesus Gerena, Family Independence Initiative
- Patricia Sullivan, The Financial Clinic
- Suzanne Torregano, Kingsley House
- Ben Allen, Perk Up Financial Health
- Erika Wright, Vice President, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Missouri Global Philanthropy, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Isabel Barrios, Greater New Orleans Foundation
- Christine Jordan, Entergy
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Café Reconcile Meeting Room
1631 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70113
Funders Discussion & Lunch
Funders, please join the Louisiana Asset Funders Network following the morning event for a discussion and luncheon* from 12:00 – 1:00 PM. AFN is philanthropy’s only membership organization focused on building economic well-being for low and middle income people, working together to create opportunity and prosperity for all. Learn more about us.