Preceding the 2016 RAISE Texas Summit, funders attended a special briefing and roundtable discussion about Childrens Savings Accounts (CSAs).
Hosted by the Asset Funders Network and the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, this Funder Roundtable highlighted the growth and replication of promising CSA models in different parts of Texas and across the U.S.
- Attendees learned about the progress of new CSA efforts around the country with a special focus on college savings pilots in Richardson and Pflugerville supported by OpportunityTexas and United Way of Metropolitan Dallas.
- Gained a deeper understanding of opportunities and challenges in the growing CSA field and insights about where the work is headed.
- Joined colleagues to discuss models and platforms for defining and achieving CSA goals and philanthropy's role in adapting to different resource environments.
- Dove into what it takes to sustain and grow existing CSAs, and to support emerging CSA partnerships and programs.
Welcome & Introductions
|9:20 a.m.||Panel 1: Building Financial Success at School
A briefing of Texas' CSA for college pilots and a discussion with stakeholders about what's working and where challenges remain.
* Laura Rosen, OpportunityTexas Coordinator, Center for Public Policy Priorities
* Kirstyn Hart, Dobie Primary School Principal, Richardson Independent School District
* Woody Widrow, Executive Director, RAISE Texas
Panel 2: Funder to Funder Discussion
Both panels will include time for discussion.
Wednesday, May 11, 2016 | 9:00 a.m. to noon
Roundtable held at the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, 2200 N. Pearl St., Dallas, TX 75201
Couldn't join us in Dallas but want to stay connected to all the latest on CSAs? Click here.